Restaurant Week Breaks Records, Organizers Mull Over Possible Expansion

This video is no longer available.

CHARLOTTE, N.C.–The New South Kitchen & Bar in South Charlotte was fired up for the final weekend of the Queen’s Feast. “We get treated so well here. It’s a good spot,” said South Charlotte Resident Lynn Rigsbee.

The 10-day-long Restaurant Week offers three course dinners for $30 per person at 118 restaurants in the 7 counties that make up the greater Charlotte area. “So far it’s been great. This has been one of the better January restaurant weeks we’ve done,” said New South Kitchen & Bar Chef/Owner Chris Edwards.

The semi-annual promotion brought in $6 million for participating restaurants last July, a steady increase since it began nearly 6 years ago. “It gives people the opportunity to go outside of their typical geographic or economic footprint and go into a different neighborhood or a different city,” said Queens Feast Charlotte Restaurant Week Founder Bruce Hensley.

While it could take a couple of months before they determine how many people took advantage of the Queen’s Feast promotion this month, organizers have an early indication a record number of visitors to their website. More than 180 people purchased the Queen’s Feast hotel deal online, and now organizers are looking into getting more hotels involved. “If we’re doing our job correctly when they’re coming in, having a good time, it’s a good way for us to introduce ourselves to a new clientele and earn some new regulars which is the goal,” said Edwards.

Back at the New South Kitchen & Bar, it was time to add some finishing touches. The perfect ending to the perfect meal, all thanks to a popular promotion. “After a long work week, it’s easy to go meet somewhere, and this is a good rendezvous, kinda on the way home,” said Rigsbee.

The Queen’s Feast is open for dinner Sunday night.