Blue Ridge Beef Recalls Pet Food After Two Kittens Reportedly Died

CHARLOTTE, NC — Georgia based Blue Ridge Beef is recalling some of its Kitten Grind raw pet food due to Salmonella and Listeria contamination.

FDA officials say two kittens reportedly died after eating the contaminated food. Officials have confirmed one of those deaths was due to Salmonella exposure.

Officials say a test of the affected product showed the presence of Salmonella and Listeria.

The product affected by the recall is Kitten Grind Lot# GA1102, and has a manufacturing date of 11/02/2017.

The lot contains 20 cases, or 300 two pound frozen chubs, which were distributed throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas.

Anyone that may have purchased the affected product is asked to discontinue use immediately and return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.

For more information, click here.