Do you know what resale value is, and why it matters in both car shopping and car ownership? Toyota of N Charlotte is here to help. This element of your vehicle is very important to consider both when you’re deciding on a make and model and as you take ownership of the car. After all, resale value is how much money you could get for the car if you decided to sell it right then and there. Let’s take a closer look at why it’s so important.
Why should you even consider resale value when shopping?
Thinking about resale value is important when you’re shopping for a car because some cars hold value better than others. Toyotas, for example, are renowned throughout the industry for their exceptional ability to hold value. So think about the make and model before you sign the dotted line and be sure to do your research.
What else should you think about in terms of resale value when it comes to purchasing a car? Here are some of the ways you can boost value before you even leave the dealership:
1) Choose an automatic transmission. Automatic cars have more resale than manual cars (and a lot of drivers find them to be more convenient to boot). If you want higher value based on performance features, this is a good place to start.
2) Go for the sun roof. People love sun roofs and moon roofs, so opting for one in your new car will only help you get more bang for your buck when you decide to sell or trade in your N Charlotte Toyota down the road.
3) Opt for premium interior trims. A plush leather interior will not only make your drive time more enjoyable and comfortable, it’ll also boost value for future buyers who are interested in your vehicle. SofTex and Sport Fabric also boost value.
4) Power everything, if you can. Power windows, door locks, cargo doors, sliding doors – you name it. The more power convenience features you have in your vehicle, the more money you’re likely to get for it when you sell it later.
5) Carefully consider the color of your paint. Some paint colors aren’t as desired as others, and it can have an impact on your N Charlotte Toyota’s resale value when you sell or trade in. Opt for hues like silver, white, black, or red to ensure your vehicle is more desirable to potential buyers.
Toyota of N Charlotte explains how to keep value high
And don’t forget, there are things you can do to enhance value after your purchase, too. Our Toyota of N Charlotte sales reps recommend detailing your car regularly, sticking to a routine car maintenance schedule, keeping all service records, and keeping track of any and all warranties the car has.
Want more tips? Call Toyota of N Charlotte today. We can help you out and get you shopping! We’re open seven days a week at (704) 875-9199.