Fall is in the air – are you ready? Now’s the perfect excuse to break out the Halloween decorations and brew up a pumpkin spice latte. You might also be hitting the road more to scope all of the beautiful fall foliage that North Carolina has to offer! Regardless, fall means seasonal changes, which means a toll can be taken on your car if you’re not prepared. We have 6 fall car care tips straight from our Charlotte Toyota service techs to help you get ready.
Start your fall car care NOW!
1) Make sure your trunk is stocked. Are you ready for colder weather with an emergency kit? This is a good time to ensure your spare tire is inflated and in good condition, that you have the tools you need to change a tire, and that your trunk is stocked with water, snacks, blankets, jumper cables, a shovel, and kitty litter. Do it now so you don’t have to worry about it when the temps drop!
2) Inspect your tires carefully for tread and tire pressure. Fall means slick roads because of increased precipitation and dead leaves all over the place. Your tires need to be able to grip in these challenging conditions, which means you need the proper amount of tread for traction. You’ll also need to ensure that your tires are inflated to the proper PSI – cold weather can make tire pressure drop, leaving your car tires under-inflated.
3) Keep a close eye on your brake system. Have our Charlotte Toyota service techs check over your brake system. Remember those slippery conditions we mentioned? You may need to bring your car to a sudden stop to avoid an accident because of them, so make sure your brakes can handle the job. This is one aspect of fall car care you never want to neglect.
4) Clean or restore your headlights. If your headlights aren’t quite as bright as they used to be, it’s time to clean or restore them. After all, the days get shorter in the fall and you may find yourself commuting when it’s dark out; you need them working at full capacity. Toyota of N Charlotte offers affordable headlight service.
5) Check your wipers, defroster, and heater for performance issues. Check your heater, defroster, and wipers to ensure you’ll be warm and comfortable inside the cabin and ALSO have a clear field of vision out the windshield and back window.
6) Verify that you have the right fluids under the hood for cold weather. Can the fluids under the hood handle the cold? Our Charlotte auto service techs can conduct a check to ensure your oil, coolant, washer fluid, and more are able to take the colder temps.
Schedule fall car care at our auto service center
Want more information about fall car care or ready to schedule a little TLC for your car? Come stop by Toyota of N Charlotte today – we’re open and waiting at 13429 Statesville Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall.