Fans Preparing To Make Return To Charlotte Motor Speedway
CONCORD, N.C. — The fans are slowly starting to trickle in ahead of the big race.
After no fans were allowed a year ago for the Coca-Cola 600, Charlotte Motor Speedway will operate under 100% capacity this weekend.
“It’s really hard to put into words how excited we are to welcome back fans this weekend,” said Charlotte Motor Speedway Senior Public Relations Director Jonathan Coleman.
RV’s won’t be allowed into the infield of the track until Thursday but they’ve already started to set up shop on the grounds outside of the speedway.
Jim and Sallie Hooker have attended every Coke 600 since 2008, except for last year due to COVID-19. The couple live in Ohio and travel to Charlotte to enjoy the race week. After a year off they couldn’t be more excited.
“I’ve missed it so much,” said Sallie. “TV is fine, but being here in person, the atmosphere, hearing the cars, seeing them, really being able to have the full experience, it’s priceless.”
Qualifying for the Coca-Cola 600 is on Saturday.