Charlotte Family Of 9 Loses Nearly Everything They Own In House Fire

CHARLOTTE — A family of 9 is now searching for a new place to live after a fire broke out Friday morning at their Northwest Charlotte home.  7 children climbed out of several windows to safety.  The fire broke out around 10 a.m. at a home on Southwind Drive.

Shenice Brown and her husband, both CMS employees, left for work around 8 a.m.  Two hours later, their 18-year-old daughter called them saying their house was on fire.  She quickly called 911.

“When the fire department came, they got them out through the window, the back window, the front window, the side window, cause 7 kids were here,” says Shenice Brown, the children’s mother.

Their 7-year-old daughter Taylor was one of them.

“The smoke got in my mouth.  I was scared,” says Taylor Brown.

Taylor and her siblings are ok.  Their cousin, and a Charlotte Firefighter were checked out by Medic, they are also fine.  The family’s dogs, turtles, and fish, all survived.

Fire officials say the fire started in the dryer.

yes toothpaste tooth brushes deodorant soap washing liquid for clothes food or even food gift cards clothing gift cards for the kids just the basics even a hole if someone is renting for 2-3 months or even an apartment

The Red Cross is assisting the family. They are in need of toiletries, clothes, food and housing.

If you’d like to help the family contact them at Shenicebrown94@gmail.com