Atrium Health Answers Important Coronavirus Questions
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Atrium Health has experts answering questions about the coronavirus.
Watch the playlists for full details.
Dr. Katie Passaretti, MD, medical director of Infection Prevention at Atrium Health
- Can you give us an overview of where things are now and what should we expect in this phase?
- What is “best behavior” for people right now to help slow the spread of coronavirus?
- What are your thoughts on home quarantine efforts, and do you think that is the inevitable next step for our area?
- There’s been a lot of chatter about the shortage of masks and other personal protective equipment. What can you share about this?
- Any thoughts on how people can help healthcare providers at this time?
- How will this pandemic change the face of medicine moving forward?
- What does this attention in the field of infectious disease do for this type of medicine?
- How are healthcare workers are stepping up in this time of need?
James Clark, Director, Emergency Management at Atrium Health, who is considered an expert on logistics and preparedness planning.
- What goes into the planning for a pandemic?
- What does it look like to go from planning to execution?
- How does a massive healthcare system cascade updates, key messages, and information in a timely way?
- How is it that your team can go from disaster relief to pandemic relief- what makes your team so nimble and able to provide care so thoroughly?
Dr. Troy Leo, vice chief of adult cardiology, Atrium Health’s Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute
- How is Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute preparing as COVID-19 evolves?
- Why are heart patients at greater risk?
- How can family members be supportive if they have a loved one with heart disease?
- Will research or clinical trials be affected by coronavirus?
- How can the general community help protect Sanger’s patients?
- Any tips for heart patients on how they can stay healthy?
- As people practice social distancing, how can they remain heart-healthy during this time?