Charlotte City Council Releases More in “Cares Act” Stimulus Funds
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Charlotte City Leaders are releasing more federal stimulus money under the “Cares Act.”
The funding includes half a million dollars for indoor music venues that remain closed amid the ongoing pandemic.
Around $25 million more will go toward those struggling right now.
It comes after council previously allocated $154 million back in May.
Much of the relief targets small businesses and local organizations with:
- $5 million for highly impacted sectors, like small business
- $3 million for hotels
- $3 million for arts organizations
- $2 million for non-profits
Under housing relief:
- $2.5 million for homeless shelter support
- $3.5 million for helping people pay utility bills
- $4 million for helping people pay rent
For more information on how to apply for “Cares Act” money: Click here