Every taxpayer has a set of fundamental rights. The “Taxpayer Bill of Rights” takes the many existing rights in the tax code and groups them into 10 categories. You should be aware of these rights when you interact with the IRS.
Your Rights as a Taxpayer, highlights a list of your rights and the agency’s obligations to protect them. Here is a summary of the Taxpayer Bill of Rights:
1. The Right to Be Informed.
2. The Right to Pay No More than the Correct Amount of Tax.
3. The Right to Challenge the IRS’s Position and Be Heard.
4. The Right to Appeal an IRS Decision in an Independent Forum.
ht to Finality.
5. The Right to Privacy.
6. The Right to Confidentiality.
7. The Right to Retain Representation.
8. The Right to a Fair and Just Tax System.
Webtax is a tax specialist and accounting company with 13 offices in and around the Charlotte area. Webtax is family owned and operated, providing the same great service today as they did when they opened their doors over 50 years ago. To learn more visit http://prep.1040.com/webtax or call 704-568-6421.