CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The City of Charlotte says its Hotel/Motel Accommodation Grant program will give out federal CARES Act funding to owners of Charlotte hotels and motels.
The application to get funding begins Tuesday, October 6th at 10 a.m. and ends on Sunday, October 18th at 5 p.m., according to a news release.
City officials say webinars presenting information about the application process will be held in partnership with the Foundation For Carolinas on Monday, October 5th at 9:30 a.m. and Wednesday, October 7th at 5:30 p.m.
Click here to register for the October 5th webinar.
- Applicant businesses must have a hotel/motel property located within the Charlotte City limits.
- Eligible hotel properties must have been in business prior to April 1st, 2019 and have evidence of room bookings in 2019.
- Hotels must have experienced a 25% or greater year-over-year revenue loss, when comparing April – August 2019 to April – August 2020.
- Business must be registered with the NC Secretary of State.
- Any hotel ownership group located outside Charlotte must certify that grant dollars awarded through this program will only support the business operations of their Charlotte hotel properties.
- If applicant’s property is listed in CMPD’s Nuisance Abatement Program, then the City reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decline to issue a grant to such Applicant following a review of calls for service to CMPD in connection with such property.
Owners may apply for more than one property as long as they submit separate applications for each, according to a news release.
- Make sure to collect all the documents needed prior to starting the online application.
- Be ready with accurate room counts for every hotel you are applying for.
- Watch this video from Foundation For The Carolinas on how to correctly complete your W-9 for fast city approval.
- Attend one of the webinars facilitated by the City of Charlotte and Foundation For The Carolinas. These webinars will provide information on how to apply and provide an opportunity to answer questions.
- Webinars are scheduled for October 5 at 9:30 a.m. and October 7 at 5:30 p.m.
- A signed IRS Form W-9 (Rev. October 2018). Please consider watching this quick tutorial on completing your W-9.
- Ten months of “Room Occupancy Tax” forms, previously filed with Mecklenburg County (view sample form). These forms will be compared to County tax filings and serve as validation of your revenue eligibility. The following 10 months of forms are required:
- 5 months of filed forms from April 2019 through August 2019
- 5 months of filed forms from April 2020 through August 2020
Any hotel/motel owners with more questions about this program click call 704-973-4519 or email CLTCityGrant@fftc.org