13 new measles cases reported in SC, 1 in Lancaster County
South Carolina health officials reported 13 new measles cases since Friday, one of which was confirmed in Lancaster County.
Sections
WCCB
Extras
South Carolina health officials reported 13 new measles cases since Friday, one of which was confirmed in Lancaster County.
Health officials tell us the latest exposures came at two businesses in southeast Charlotte and one in Union County.
Atrial fibrillation, or A-fib, is becoming more common, but doctors say treatments are improving.
Shelby Mcswain took the video. She tells WCCB she and her parents drove by the fast food restaurant, couldn't believe what they were seeing, so they turned back around for a second look.
The Trump administration has launched TrumpRx, a website it says will help patients buy prescription drugs directly at a discounted rate.
The South Carolina Department of Public Health reported 58 new cases of measlesβ―since Tuesday, bringing the total number of cases in South Carolina related to the Upstate outbreak to 847.
A spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security said immigrants who are sleeping outside the Charlotte DHS office because of long wait times for check-in appointments should self-deport to avoid situations like this.
Last year was the nationβs worst year for measles spread since 1991, according to the CDC. The U.S. confirmed 2,255 cases and nearly 50 different outbreaks. Three people died, all of them unvaccinated, including two children in Texas.
Health officials say more than 170 people are now under quarantine orders after a measles exposure in Union County.
Two cases of measles have been confirmed in Mecklenburg County.
Dr. Jonathan Leake shared tips with WCCB Rising's Chris Gilmore and Taylor Miller about overcoming the midwinter mental health slump.Β
Experts fear the vaccine-preventable virus has regained a foothold and that the U.S. may soon follow Canada in losing the achievement of having eliminated it.
State health officials on Friday reported 124 new cases, bringing the stateβs total to 558.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services confirmed two positive cases of measles in Cabarrus County.
The measles outbreak continues in South Carolina and now it's getting closer to home. Measles has been detected in wastewater in Mecklenburg County health officials announced Monday.
βOur message is clear: Eat real food,β Kennedy told reporters at a White House briefing.
Officials say there has been a measles exposure in Gaston County.
Nine new cases were reported, bringing the total number of cases up to 185.
The North Carolina Health Department says a child in Polk County is presumed to have had the measles. The case is linked to the ongoing outbreak in South Carolina.
This year's flu is getting worse. Novant Health has seen flu cases more than double in the last couple of weeks. The CDC says 7.5 million people have had the flu so far this year. More than 3,000 have died, including eight children.
Novant Health's Mintview OB/GYN-Baxter Village is now accepting patients
The measles outbreak in Upstate South Carolina keeps spreading.
In this special edition of Novant Healthy Headlines, Tonya Rivens chats with Kristen Howard, vice president of corporate affairs for Novant Health, about how Novant is aiming to increase opportunities for the community to engage with art as a wellbeing practice.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is reporting the first pediatric flu-related death for the 2025-2026 flu season.
During an interview with the outlet, Jolie said, "I'm always moved when I see other women share theirs."
