Rising Spotlight: Count on Me CLT
Count on Me CLT is a public service campaign, aimed at raising awareness of wearing face coverings as a way to protect others first.
CHARLOTTE, NC — As cases of Covid-19 continue to rise in Mecklenburg county, local leaders are stressing the importance of wearing masks. That’s were Count on Me CLT comes in. Count on Me CLT is a public service campaign, aimed at raising awareness of wearing face coverings to under-served communities, as a way to protect others first. It also focuses on emphasizing the 3 w’s; Wear, wait, and wash. Their core message is you can count on me to protect you.
Count On Me CLT is a public awareness campaign that grew out of the Mecklenburg Business Roundtable. The goals are multifaceted:
• To connect to and amplify the statewide Count On Me NC campaign
• To encourage wearing face coverings and practicing the 3 W’s
• To reach as many people as possible through paid, owned and earned channels
• To activate grassroots activities
• To reach into the communities most at risk with targeted and relevant messaging
• To build grassroots connections through and gain advice from affinity groups including the Latin-American Chamber, Charlotte Mecklenburg Black Chamber, LGBT Chamber, and Carolina Business Alliance
Count On Me CLT has created a website in English and Spanish and a toolkit with unified messages in multiple languages that can be shared in mass media, social media, and by residents and businesses alike.
For more information, please visit www.CountOnMeCLT.com.