Mary C. Curtis: Phase 1 of North Carolina's Reopening Plan
Governor Roy Cooper say phase one of the reopening plan starts Friday.
Sections
WCCB
Extras
Governor Roy Cooper say phase one of the reopening plan starts Friday.
Atrium Health is on the front lines of new clinical trial
Girl Tribe was the first retailer to close its doors in Charlotte about seven weeks ago. Starting Friday, the boutique is allowed to open with 50% capacity.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper signed an executive order on Tuesday that will enter the state into phase one of the reopen plan.
Gov. Roy Cooper announced that he signed an Executive Order that will begin Phase One of reopening North Carolina at 5pm on Friday, May 8th.
The chairman of the board of a North Carolina health care system has resigned after reports about his social media posts, including one in which he called stay-at-home orders βtyranny.β
Airbnb says it is not allowing hosts to authorize parties or events in Charlotte area property rentals while Governor Cooper's stay-at-home order remains in effect. Β
New York state is reporting more than 1,700 previously undisclosed deaths at nursing homes and adult care facilities as the state faces scrutiny over how itβs protected vulnerable residents during the coronavirus pandemic.
Lots of people are anxious to get back to their self-care routines, like hair and nails and Botox, post-pandemic. So anxious, in fact, that Rolling Stone just published an article about people so intent on getting their Botox fix, that they are buying product online and injecting themselves at home.
It allows restaurants to service people in outdoor dining areas.
The restrictions meant to slow the spread of the new coronavirus are easing in some areas, but life remains altered.
On Monday, Governor Cooper signed two Covid-19 relief bills the General Assembly passed over the weekend. Β The bills will provide more than $1.5 billion in relief to North Carolina small businesses, schools, local governments and more.Β
A North Carolina judge has ordered public officials to turn over detailed information and what steps they are taking to prevent coronavirus outbreaks in state prisons.
Girl Scouts from Hornetsβ Nest Council have made over 1,000 face masks for healthcare workers in our region.
Faced with 20,000 coronavirus deaths and counting, the nationβs nursing homes are pushing back against a potential flood of lawsuits with a sweeping lobbying effort to get states to grant them emergency protection from claims of inadequate care.
As more states push to reopen their economies, Governor Henry McMaster says he will lift the statewide "Home or Work" order on Monday. Also, people in the Palmetto State will be able to dine outside at restaurants.
The General Assembly on Saturday finalized a relief package to address the new coronavirus pandemic in North Carolina, agreeing to send money to schools, hospitals, local governments and researchers.
A spokesman for a key House panel said Friday that the White House has blocked Dr. Anthony Fauci from testifying next week at a hearing on the coronavirus outbreak.
Experts say record unemployment is a major factor.
The push to reopen the North Carolina economy taking center stage in Uptown Charlotte on Friday. Dozens of people crowded to protest, but new data shows the majority of North Carolinians support the current plan.Β
Governor Henry McMaster today announced that the statewide βWork-or-Homeβ order will be lifted and returned to voluntary status on Monday, May 4th. The governor also announced that beginning on May 4th, restaurants throughout South Carolina may provide outdoor customer dining service in addition to existing take out, curbside, and delivery services.
A virtual running event in Charlotte has raised more than $50,000 to buy personal protective equipment for local health care workers. The COVID-19 Miler started Monday and ends Sunday.
They're trying to make the coronavirus testing process easier, so you can even do it at home.Β All these tests require is a sample of your saliva.
A virtual remembrance held on Thursday to honor and celebrate the lives lost and people impacted by the deadly shooting on UNC Charlotte's campus one year ago.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper and public health officials hold a news conference to provide updates on the state's response to the coronavirus.
